Sunday 13 December 2009

Character project - creative writing (and image)

So for our 2D character project, we are to do a bit of creative writing based on a character. I went out, drew several people in the streets and eventually found one person who I thought was rather interesting. Like what I was told, I let my writing take control, so here it is:

"His constant swaying of his body, his inhaling of his cigarette one after one and his continuous coughing were what directed my eyes onto this solitary old man. I did not particularly want to look at him at first, but his movements that repeated in a cycle almost forced me to stand there and study him. He was a bespectacled middle-aged man of small statue, with dark hair and a bushy moustache. While he sat alone on the bench, he looked as though he was very uncomfortable, yet he kept on smoking, coughing and swaying his body back and forth. It made me wonder.

Was he trying to quit smoking, but failed yet again this time? The agonizing expression on his face and his unusual fast inhaling seemed as though the smokey hands of the cigarette had gripped him firmly, refusing him to give it up. I wondered how it all began.

Or maybe he had just heard some bad news and had to take a cigarette to keep calm, and the constant swaying was a relaxing motion for him. I do wonder.


Whatever it was, I soon came to realize that he looked a bit like Randy Marsh from South Park!"


But with glasses:

1 comment:

Aby Bagulay said...

LMAO. he so does...