Saturday 14 March 2009

Week 21 - Reflection

What do I want to get out of the three years at University?

The obvious answer to me is, “To possess the skills needed to find a good career after graduation.”

That, plus learning so many new exciting things at university. Doing a Game Art course has opened my eyes to 3D. About 2 years ago, I was very naïve (well, I know I still am, but I’ve learnt a lot since coming here) and didn’t really know what I wanted to do. I had a long list of things I enjoy doing and would think of going into them as a career, some of which are rather embarrassing (including… doing comics… argh). The thought of doing 3D never crossed my mind, even though I did enjoy looking at some cool 3D models on the Internet a lot.

But anyway. As I was saying, if I had not chosen to do this course, I would not have discovered how much I love 3D modelling. It’s something that I’d do not only for our university projects, but I enjoy just making random things in Max in my spare time as a hobby.
2D is another passion for me, it’s something that I naturally do in my spare time. Doing Chris’ university projects has helped me improve a lot, I find it a lot easier now to do observational drawing than before.

Going to university is greatly helping me grow and develop as an artist, allowing me to learn and socialize with those around me who have similar interests and goals. At the moment, my ambition is to be successful at what I do.

No comments: